To hear more audio stories from publications like The New York Times, download Audm for iPhone or Android . Let's say you live in the typical American household. It doesn't exist, not in any sense except in a data set, but it's easy enough to imagine. Maybe it's your aunt's, or your neighbor's, or a bit like your own. Since more than half of us live outside big cities, it's probably in a middle-class suburb, like Fox Lake, north of Chicago. You picked it because it's affordable and not a terrible commute to your job. Your house is about 2,200 square feet — a split-level ranch, perhaps. You're in your mid-30s and just welcomed your first child. Together with your partner you make about $70,000 a year, some of which goes toward the 11,000 kilowatt-hours of electricity and 37,000 cubic feet of natural gas you use to heat the house, play video games and dry your clothes. You take six or seven plane flights a year, to visit your mom after her surgery or attend a conference, and drive about 25,000 miles, most of which you barely register anymore, as you listen to Joe Rogan or Bad Bunny. Maybe twice… Read full this story
- When did Prince Harry and Meghan Markle get engaged, what does her ring look like and will she be a princess?
- When did Prince Harry and Meghan Markle get engaged, what does her ring look like and will she become a princess?
- What is shingles, what are the symptoms, is it contagious, what does the rash look like and how’s it linked to chicken pox?
- Sex robots are being made to look like customers’ dead wives… and one firm insists it’s the best way to help with their grief
- Remember Baby’s older sister Lisa in Dirty Dancing … here’s what Jane Brucker looks like now
- Remember Ren from Even Stevens? This is what actress Christy Carlson Romano looks like now
- Zara is selling a £20 bag which looks like a slice of PIZZA and it’s going down a storm on social media
- Studio’s pink satin bow sliders look like Rihanna’s Puma collaboration… but cost £55 LESS
- Skating to work and blubber for dinner: We take a look at what Britain could look like if there’s another ice age
- Pioneering research reveals what the first modern Brit looked like
What Does Sustainable Living Look Like? Maybe Like Uruguay have 403 words, post on www.nytimes.com at October 5, 2022. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.