Russians forced a captured Brit to send a goodbye message to his daughter in a mock execution stunt. Combat medic John Harding has been recounting the hell endured after being captured fighting for Ukraine following his release on Wednesday. John, from Sunderland, said that as well as savage beatings, his captors played warped psychological games with him. READ MORE: ‘Rattled’ Putin’s nuclear war-mongering is ‘blunt admission of failure’ The 59-year-old was serving with the 2nd Battalion of the Azov Regiment when he fell into Russian hands, but has now returned home after a surprise deal negotiated between Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and Russian president Vladimir Putin . The dad-of-two told the Daily Mail, at one point he was ordered to record a message because he was due to be executed by firing squad. He said he was held in a total of three jails, including one he dubbed "The Dark Side", in Russian-held Donetsk, where he was repeatedly battered by guards from the region's police force. In the worst beating, a group of guards cackled as they strapped a carrier bag over his head, cuffed his hands behind his back and unleashed a 30-minute pummelling. They punched, kicked… Read full this story
- Full transcript: Face the Nation on March 4, 2018
- Mike Bloomberg QUITS 2020 race after disastrous Super Tuesday saying winning is 'impossible' after spending $1 BILLION for just 44 delegates - and immediately endorses Joe Biden, while Elizabeth Warren 'assesses her path forward'
- I Went To Elon Musk's "Pedo Guy" Trial, But I Wasn't Ready To Become A Part Of It
- Cyprus: holiday suntrap of sea, sun, sand, food banks and desperation
- Full transcript: Face the Nation on February 4, 2018
- 75 years to the day after they were freed from living hell, 200 Auschwitz survivors return to the Nazi death camp to mark the anniversary… and warn of rising anti-Semitism in the world
- How Fox News Women Took Down Roger Ailes
- Full transcript: Face the Nation on February 11, 2018
- The truth about gentrification: regeneration or con trick?
Russians forced captured Brit to send goodbye message to daughter in mock execution ploy have 331 words, post on www.dailystar.co.uk at September 23, 2022. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.