Synopsis China warned the US not to “stir up a bigger crisis” over Taiwan, as it stepped up its military drills and warplane incursions in the Taiwan Straits for the third day following House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s visit to Taipei, which Beijing feels has challenged its claims of sovereignty over the self-ruled island. China on Saturday warned the US not to “stir up a bigger crisis” over Taiwan, as it stepped up its military drills and warplane incursions in the Taiwan Straits for the third day following House Speaker Nancy Pelosi ‘s visit to Taipei, which Beijing feels has challenged its claims of sovereignty over the self-ruled island. Taiwan says it detected multiple Chinese aircraft and naval vessels taking part in military drills around the Taiwan Strait on Saturday, in what could be a possible simulated attack against the island. Taiwan’s ministry of defence said some of the Chinese aircraft and vessels had crossed the sensitive median line in the Taiwan Strait that separates the island from the Chinese mainland. While the scale of the military drills has led to speculation that China may be getting ready for an invasion of Taiwan, Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi played down the… Read full this story
- Biden are you watching? Russia and China team up for huge show of military force
- Russia to hold back-to-back East and West military drills with China, Belarus
- China Warns U.S. to Keep Away From Taiwan Strait
- China warning: Britain sending two warships to Asia after Beijing's nuke threat to Japan
- Kim Jong Un's sister warns US military drills will raise tensions with North Korea
- Britain faces military stand-off as China warns it 'greets wolves with shotguns'
- As China vowed 'peaceful reunification' with Taiwan, Australia was holding talks with the island
- Pentagon watchdog warns of 'existential crisis' and criticizes US 'hubris' in Afghanistan
- China Warns U.S. Against Sending Missiles to Asia Amid Fears of an Arms Race
- Once Formidable, Taiwan’s Military Now Overshadowed by China’s
China warns US not to 'stir up bigger crisis' over Taiwan as it steps up military drills for the third day have 325 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at August 6, 2022. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.