Two women, one Austrian and the other Romanian, were killed in a shark attack this week off the coast of Egypt, Egypt's environment ministry and the tourists' respective foreign ministries said Sunday. "Two women were attacked by a shark while swimming" in the Sahl Hasheesh area south of Hurghada on the Red Sea, the Egyptian ministry said Sunday on Facebook, reporting that both died. Austrian news agency APA said one of the women was a 68-year-old from the country's Tyrol region who was holidaying in Egypt. Austria's foreign ministry confirmed to AFP Sunday "the death of an Austrian citizen in Egypt", without providing further details. Citing information received from Egyptian authorities, Romania's foreign ministry confirmed to AFP on Sunday "the death of a Romanian citizen" which "appeared" to have been caused by a "shark attack" off Hurghada. Red Sea governor Amr Hanafi had on Friday ordered the closure of all beaches in the area for three days after "an Austrian tourist had her left arm torn off, seemingly in a shark attack". Social media users on Friday shared a video — the authenticity, date and location of which AFP could not independently verify — showing a swimmer struggling before what… Read full this story
- Egypt shark attack – as tourist is bitten to death, how dangerous is it to swim in the Red Sea?
- A Red Hot Red Sea Adventure: Four Days on an Egyptian Liveaboard • Alex in Wanderland
- Hemingway’s Cuba: The Old Man and the Sea
- Diving the Red, Dead, and Med: A Guide to Diving Israel's Three Seas • Alex in Wanderland
- Hundreds of Tourists Evacuated From Hotel in Egypt After Britons’ Sudden Death
- German tourist killed in shark attack in Egypt
- 10ft shark that terrified tourists in Majorca dies after being dragged out of the sea ‘for it’s own safety’
- Thomas Cook to change hols for guests booked into Egypt hotel where two Brits died
- After the exodus, tourists trickle back into Egypt
- What Does the End of the Castro Era Mean for Tourists?
Egypt: Shark Kills 2 Tourists, a 68-yr-old Austrian and a Romanian, in the Red Sea have 350 words, post on www.news18.com at July 4, 2022. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.