Boris Johnson reacts to 'tough by-election results' SUBSCRIBE Invalid email We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info Following the catastrophic results last night in Wakefield as well as Tiverton and Honiton, Boris Johnson ‘s future is in doubt. Already Express.co.uk has learnt that rebel MPs are planning to flood the 1922 Committee elections in a bid to change the rules and force him out. Ministers including Chancellor Rishi Sunak and Ms Mordaunt have been on resignation watch as panicking Conservative MPs speculate about an attempted coup. Sources close to both have insisted the rumours are false and they will stay but bookmakers have now shortened the odds on Ms Mordaunt as the favourite to replace Mr Johnson at 9/2 ahead of former Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt at 5/1 and current Foreign Secretary Liz Truss at 6/1. One MP said: “It needs to be a Brexiteer and one outside the cabinet. Penny [Mordaunt] is one of the few to fit the bill.” THIS BLOG IS NOW CLOSED. Boris… Read full this story
- Results are in: THIS is who YOU think would make the best Tory leader
- 'Members want Boris NOT you!' Dire warning to next Tory leader before result is announced
- PM favourite Liz Truss is lining up Therese Coffey to be her Deputy
- UK PM favourite Truss promises immediate action on energy
- Truss already making Tories 'pretty uncomfortable' with energy plan tipped to cost £100bn
- Tory Leadership: Last Remainer out! Kemi surges as race to PM enters next round
- New Prime Minister LIVE: Farage sends dire warning as he lists THREE problems for Truss
- Tory leadership: Huge blow for Sunak as Javid backs Truss: 'Sleepwalking into crisis'
- ‘I can win against Keir Starmer’ Truss lays claim for PM to fight Labour in next election
- Labour's bid to oust Boris from No10 tonight FLOPS after PM humiliated Starmer in Commons
Nightmare for PM as favourites for Tory leader revealed- FULL LIST have 336 words, post on www.express.co.uk at June 24, 2022. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.