The vastly different seaport fees for businesses making their declaration in HCM City and elsewhere is causing frustration to many of them. — Photo vov.vn The Ministry of Finance has called on HCM City to reconsider its collection of customs declaration fee from businesses. It said the fee is discriminatory, citing complaints by import-export companies in Dong Nai Province that they have to pay double if they make declarations locally for goods they ship through HCM City. For goods declared in HCM City, the rates ranges from VND15,000 (US$0.65) to VND500,000, exactly half the rates of declarations made elsewhere. The ministry said the disparities have significant consequences for both enterprises and the economy. It urged the city People’s Committee to soon ask the People’s Council to amend the fees to create a level playing field for all businesses in accordance with the laws. Since April 1, the city has been collecting port infrastructure fees. For goods imported for re-export, deposited in bonded warehouses and transit and transhipment, the fees are VND50,000 ($2.19) per tonne for liquid and bulk cargo, VND2.2 million ($96.5) for a 20-foot container and VND4.4 million ($193) for a 40-foot container. Goods meant for national defence, disaster… Read full this story
- 2019 Fort Collins election: City Council candidates talk about water issues
- Movement afoot to exit city's 50-year parking-meter contract in 2020
- 'Sanctuary' cities are getting their grants despite threatsYou may also be interested in...
- Trash, permit violations and mud: why some Chicagoans hate 'Windy City Rehab'
- City of London promotes open spots in area day camps ahead of potential strike
- Legislators' proposed fee for new Iowa solar users faces uncertain fate
- Travel fees: The most ridiculous airline, hotel and cruise charges
- Murphy tells Cuomo N.J. commuters shouldn’t get hit with a double tax under N.Y.'s congestion pricing plan
- Winter storm: Southwest, other airlines waive fees, cancel flights
- Collier commissioners to hear new proposal for stormwater fee
Ministry tells HCM City to reconsider discriminatory customs fee have 313 words, post on bizhub.vn at May 14, 2022. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.