Hoàng Lan During Tết , Việt Nam's biggest holiday of the year, families from all around the world try to return home for a special reunion and to welcome in the Lunar New Year together. A huge part of the celebration is the traditional Tết dishes that are carefully prepared and cooked. Main dishes include bánh chưng (square cake), boiled chicken, lean pork paste, spring rolls, pickled onions and bamboo soup cooked with pig's trotters, among others. A Tết tray of special dishes helps to express Vietnamese wishes for a Happy New Year. — Photo kenh14.vn "As well as helping express the best wishes of the family, the Tết tray still carries major significant spirituality: remembering and respecting ancestors and wishing them to always support their offspring with a Happy New Year, good health, good luck and safety," said Hanoian elderly Trương Thị Hội, 90. "In the past, we have to prepare things for Tết , often one month in advance. The Tết tray includes four different bowls of soup such as boiled chicken broth cooked with perfumed mushroom, pork meatballs and four plates as cooked pork. These dishes are carefully decorated to help the entire family thrive with fullness the year-round," said… Read full this story
- Local goods with meaningful value dominate Tet gift scene
- The artisan who put Vietnamese cultural values into handmade ceramics
- The beauty of a pagoda associated with a craft village’s culture
- Traditional horse race recognised as national intangible heritage
- Xoe Thai art satisfies all criteria for Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity title
- 10 most outstanding event for Vietnamese culture, education, tourism and sports in 2021
- KFC in Japan, pig in Puerto Rico: surprising Christmas food traditions worldwide
- 'A source of pride': Senegal fish dish wins UNESCO recognition
- Buy it or cook it: Local and expat YouTubers highlight the diversity of Vietnam’s most famous dish
- Kiernan Shipka dishes on the "powerful badass women" of Netflix's 'Chilling Adventures of Sabrina'
The important cultural value of traditional Tết dishes have 334 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at January 25, 2022. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.