Exclusive: New details of Downing Street party revealed Schools defy PM as they insist face masks must stay in class Sue Gray finds email that 'confirms objections to No 10 party' Johnson can survive by cutting taxes and ditching 'fluffy' policies Fraser Nelson: Boris deserves one last chance, but he may be incapable now of taking it L iz Truss has said that she is “100 per cent” behind the Prime Minister following pressure over partygate, despite reports that she is secretly canvassing MPs in a bid to replace him. The Foreign Secretary, who is currently in Australia, insisted that Boris Johnson is "doing an excellent job". Speaking at the Australia-United Kingdom Ministerial Consultations (Aukmin) in Sydney, she added that she wants to see him continue in his role for "as long as possible" and that there is "no leadership election". This is despite reports that Ms Truss has been meeting with Tory MPs for drinks, dubbed “Fizz with Liz”, to sound out her levels of support if Mr Johnson were to resign over ‘partygate’. Ms Truss flew to Australia on Wednesday, when the PM faced an onslaught of criticism during PMQs over his admission that parties were held at Downing… Read full this story
- Theresa May is ‘planning to demote Boris Johnson’ in Cabinet reshuffle after as battles to save her leadership
- Boris Johnson calls on mutinous fellow Tory MPs to stop plotting to dump Theresa May
- Sir Michael Fallon insists he has no interest in becoming Prime Minister as he declares support for May despite Cabinet plots
- Amber Rudd accuses Boris of ‘backseat driving’ after he ‘lobs a hand grenade at No 10’ by setting out Brexit plan
- Cabinet reshuffle rumours: Who's tipped for the sack and who could get promoted in Theresa May's Tory shake-up?
- PM told to show bolder leadership on Brexit or let Cabinet 'take the reins'
- Diane Abbott boosts her majority in Hackney by 11,000 to 35,000 despite string of car crash public appearances
- PM’s pitch to woo young voters with ‘personal mission’ to ‘restore hope’ to a new generation
- Tory MPs: we can force soft Brexit
- Philip Hammond ‘lined up by Tory MPs to take over as PM until the end of Brexit talks in 2019’
Liz Truss pledges 100pc support for Boris Johnson despite rumours of leadership ambitions have 370 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at January 21, 2022. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.