Sebastian Vettel has paid tribute to his former teammate Kimi Raikkonen , who is retiring from Formula 1 at the end of the season. Raikkonen, 42, will bring his time as an F1 driver to an end after the final two races of the year, in Saudi Arabia this weekend and Abu Dhabi the following Sunday. The Fin has built a glittering career over 20 years, winning 21 races across 347 grands prix – a record number of starts – while his tally of 103 podiums is the fifth highest of all time. His career peaked when he won the world championship in 2007 for Ferrari, and he later returned to the team to partner four-time world champion Vettel between 2015-18. Speaking at a press conference ahead of the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix , Vettel hailed a driver who "hasn't changed". "I think he was a true character and I enjoyed the time I had with him as a team-mate, but to be fair I got to know him already before," Vettel said of Raikkonen. "He is probably one of the very few drivers I've met from day one until the present day that hasn't changed in the sense that… Read full this story
- Lewis Hamilton third, Sebastian Vettel 10th, in F1 all-time fastest driver study
- Sebastian Vettel exits Q2 in Spanish GP qualifying: Martin Brundle, Nico Rosberg on F1 struggles
- Spanish GP: Nico Rosberg on Lewis Hamilton win, Sebastian Vettel comeback, and much more
- Sergio Perez 'not making way' for Sebastian Vettel at Racing Point
- F1's toughest seats? The team-mate head to heads in 2020 so far
- F1 2020: Starting grid and race preview for Spanish Grand Prix
- Lewis Hamilton breaks Michael Schumacher F1 podium record
- Strategy Report: Did Mercedes pull a punch in Vettel fight?
- Raikkonen, Ricciardo expect Vettel to bounce back at Ferrari
- Hamilton sets podium record: The six-time champion's best top-three finishes
‘I will miss the silence!’: Sebastian Vettel pays tribute to retiring former F1 champion Kimi Raikkonen have 307 words, post on www.independent.co.uk at December 1, 2021. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.