Tribal students, belonging to small farming families from remote villages of Gadchiroli and Melghat in Maharashtra, have cleared the recently conducted National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) 2021 and are soon expected to start undergraduate degree courses in medicine. Suraj Pungati (19), a resident of Nagargunda village in Bhamragad taluka of Gadchiroli, is happy to have surpassed his own expectations by scoring 378 out of 720 in NEET. Talking to PTI, the student claimed he will be the first person from his taluka to attend a medical college. Pungati, the son of a farmer, said there are over 60 families in his village where he is the first one to take up the science stream and is happy that he will now be pursuing medical education. Also read| Binged Netflix, Studied 4 Hours a Day But Still Scored 720/720: Meet NEET 2021 Topper Who Bent All Rules The student, who belongs to 'Mariya Gond', a particularly vulnerable tribal group in the state, lost his mother four years ago and has a younger brother who is studying in Class 10. Pungati, who studied at a school in Nagpur, scored 92 per cent marks in Class 10 board exams in 2019 and that's… Read full this story
- 'Naxals can sense the end is near'
- 2 Muslim men lynched on suspicion of cattle theft in Jharkhand
- 'My father is a ragpicker. I want to be a neurosurgeon'
- The 27-year-old lawyer fighting for Adivasis
- Why are all online tests going MCQ-based and how does it fail holistic assessment?
- The Spy Who Cracked Up in the Cold
- How to topple a dictator: the rebel plot that freed the Gambia
- Pranab Mukherjee's Budget Speech
- 57 Horror Directors on the Scares That Inspired (and Traumatized) Them
- A gifted physicist reduced to living in his car: what killed Hamid Alamdari?
NEET 2021: Maharashtra Tribal Students from Remote Villages in Gadchiroli, Melghat Clear Medical Entrance have 285 words, post on www.news18.com at November 4, 2021. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.