FIGHTING THE VIRUS by Atif Azam • Published on Share Tweet Akram Khan (second from right) is suffering from mild cold and sore throat but nothing serious © Getty Akram Khan, the former Bangladesh skipper and current cricket operation chairman of the Bangladesh Cricket Board, has tested positive for COVID-19. The 52-year old, who played eight Tests and 44 one-day internationals for Bangladesh, is currently in isolation. Akram told Cricbuzz, on Saturday, that he is suffering from mild cold and sore throat but nothing serious. “Yes, I am corona positive. My corona test result came out yesterday (Friday) and I am in isolation at home,” said Akram. The Bangladeshi national cricketers completed the second dose of vaccine ahead of their tour to Sri Lanka on Saturday. The national cricketers had taken the first dose of vaccine ahead of their tour to New Zealand in February. Bangladesh recorded 77 deaths and 5,343 infections in the past 24 hours from Covid-19 which has taken the death toll to 9,661 and infections to 6,78,937. Following the spike in infections, the government has announced a week-long lockdown starting April 14. © Cricbuzz Share Tweet TAGS Bangladesh FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Woman in labor tests positive for opiates because she ate a poppy seed bagel
- Little Caesars employee in Arkansas tests positive for hepatitis A, health department warns
- NJ's first case of West Nile virus confirmed; more mosquitoes test positive
- Red Lobster employee in Arkansas tests positive for hepatitis A, health department confirms
- More mosquitoes testing positive for West Nile virus
- Parents charged after infant daughter tests positive for meth
- Woman tested positive for cocaine while pregnant, authorities say
- Actor Irrfan Khan finds new perspective on life amid cancer treatment
- Bullfrog Gold’s New Exploration Targets and Leach Test Results at its Nevada Project
- A Black Body On Trial: The Conviction Of HIV-Positive "Tiger Mandingo"
Akram Khan tested positive for COVID-19 have 291 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at October 10, 2021. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.