(Reuters) – Paris St Germain have been labelled as the side to beat in the Champions League since Lionel Messi joined during the close season but coach Mauricio Pochettino warned that he had not yet turned his stellar cast of players into a team. PSG signed Messi as a free agent from Barcelona to assemble a formidable attacking trio with France striker Kylian Mbappe and Brazil forward Neymar, but they have yet to show what they are capable of together. “We’re not a team yet. We are a club that has recruited many players this summer. There are some big names but we have to turn into a team,” Pochettino told a news conference on Tuesday on the eve of their opening Group A game at Club Brugge. “We are a group of players who need to achieve results. There’s a feeling that we’re (PSG and Chelsea) the two teams to beat but Chelsea are the holders so they’re the team to beat especially after strengthening their squad.” Captain Marquinhos said that there was “no added pressure” to win the Champions League since Messi had signed his two-year contract in a summer when former Real Madrid skipper Sergio Ramos and… Read full this story
- Hope Solo announces she's pregnant with twins, says 'miniature soccer team on the way'
- Rumour Has It: Guardiola lined up by PSG as Pochettino eyes City job
- Without titles, Pochettino still soccer’s most coveted coach
- It's not Klopp vs Bayern, says Liverpool coach
- Russia gets new soccer uniform after fans object to sleeves
- Pochettino closer to collecting trophy not just plaudits
- Pochettino’s joke falls flat at Real Madrid
- From fringe Socceroo to accidental head coach: Ante Milicic's path to the Matildas' top job
- American soccer coach slammed for taking high school students to Hooters
- High School Coach Blasted for Taking Team to Hooters
Soccer - We're not even a team yet, says PSG coach Pochettino have 303 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at September 15, 2021. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.