SRI LANKA TOUR OF WEST INDIES, 2021 by Cricbuzz Staff • Published on Share Tweet Allen smashed a six-ball 21 to take his team over the line in the series finale © AFP Fabian Allen essayed crucial roles with the ball and bat – at the start and the finish respectively – as West Indies overcame jittery moments in the third T20I in Antigua to secure a three-wicket victory and with that the series. Allen, who bowled four of the first seven overs after Sri Lanka opted to bat, finished with impressive figures of 1 for 13 that was instrumental in restricting Sri Lanka to 131 for 4, despite good knocks from Dinesh Chandimal and Ashen Bandara in the latter half of the innings. Allen then came to West Indies’ rescue with the bat after they had slipped to 105 for 7, finishing with an unbeaten 21 to help the hosts over the line. How did West Indies fare at the start of the chase? Quite well. Akila Dananjaya had another expensive outing, going for 31 off the three overs he bowled in the powerplay. He opened the attack and was smashed for a four and a six by Evin… Read full this story
- India can become the West Indies of '70s: Lara
- The Jadeja-Ishant strangle that choked West Indies
- Just how lopsided was the India-South Africa Test series?
- India vs South Africa test series: Counting the gains
- Credit goes to Rohit for overcoming anxiety and hesitation: Kohli
- 0-5 in World Series, Verlander eyes Astros clinch in Game 6
- Batting on 95, Rohit Sharma shouted 'not now' as rain threat loomed
- Brian Lara praises Indian pace attack, compares it to the famous West Indian pace attack of the ‘70s
- Quietly confident Pakistan target series win
- India team for Bangladesh series - Talking points
West Indies overcome batting jitters to clinch series have 283 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at August 8, 2021. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.