POST-SERIES INTROSPECTION by Cricbuzz Staff • Published on Share Tweet “The youngsters we brought here for the middle order faced difficulties due to the conditions and couldn’t perform very well,” Misbah said. © AFP Pakistan head coach Misbah-ul-Haq has termed the ODI series win in South Africa as a “big confidence boost” for young captain Babar Azam but underlined a couple of issues the side needs to address going forward. They include sorting out a misfiring middle-order and better game plan when it comes to spin. “There are some glaring issues going forward, of course,” Misbah said after Pakistan’s 2-1 series win. “Power-hitting at No. 6-7 wasn’t successful. We have to have a look at that. Obviously Hasan did that hitting for us at the end. Nawaz, Asif and Danish, who were looking forward to, couldn’t do very well but we can’t write them off. They have potential. We have to consider that they were playing overseas in different conditions. “We need more consistent runs from the middle order along with some power. That’s needed to make big runs. If you see yesterday’s game, a score of 320 didn’t look safe at one point in time. In today’s cricket, scores… Read full this story
- UNI softball has bought into power-hitting emphasis
- Detroit Tigers' Miguel Cabrera: 'I want my power back'
- Louisville baseball succeeding despite lack of home run power
- Ryan McMahon’s 2 home runs power Rockies to first win at Coors Field this year
- OSU softball: Late home runs power Cowgirl comeback over Tulsa
- In Pakistan, a Feminist Hero Is Under Fire and on the Run
- North Korea's Elite Hit Hardest As State-Run Economy Falters Under Sanctions
- Aaron Judge starting to display his prodigious power again
- Power Restored to Manhattan’s West Side After Major Blackout
- Luis Rengifo’s power potential encourages Angels
Misbah wants more runs and power-hitting from Pakistan's middle-order have 300 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at August 8, 2021. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.