SERIES DECIDER by Cricbuzz Staff • Published on Share Tweet Fakhar Zaman scored a second successive ton © AFP Pakistan put themselves in pole position to clinch the ODI series against South Africa on Wednesday (April 7) following their efforts with the bat. Fakhar Zaman scored a sparkling century once again following his superlative knock in the second ODI and skipper Babar Azam oozed class making 94 as the visitors finished with 320/7 on the board. They could have easily added 20 more to that total if not for a stunning collapse in the latter part of their innings. Quite remarkably, South Africa turned to spin in the final 10 overs barring one and the move appeared to work wonders. Keshav Maharaj had already done enough damage in his comeback ODI and the likes of JJ Smuts and Aiden Markram carried forward the good work by striking regularly. With Babar Azam helplessly watching Pakistan’s implosion from the non-striker’s end, Hasan Ali turned the tide with four sixes in the penultimate over. Andile Phehlukwayo then conceded 18 in the final over as Babar fell for 94 caught at the deep off the final while eyeing a hundred. The visitors began the… Read full this story
- Worsening situation: Coronavirus claims 34 more lives in Pakistan
- India Says 'No' to Talks With Pakistan as Atmosphere Not 'Conducive'
- Pakistan's COVID-19 fatalities cross 7,000
- Pakistan rain on Chigumbura's farewell parade to win 3-0
- 3rd ODI: Blessing Muzarabani Stars as Zimbabwe Beat Pakistan in Super Over
- Babar targets top of T20 rankings as Zimbabwe eye Pakistan first
- Ali, Qadir lift Pakistan to series win over Zimbabwe
- Pakistan thump Zimbabwe by 8 wickets in 3rd T20I, clinch series 3-0
- How western travel influencers got tangled up in Pakistan's politics
- 'Wish to see India, Pak players in each other's T20 league'
Topsy-turvy innings sees Pakistan post 320 have 288 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at July 7, 2021. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.