IPL VS TEST CRICKET by Rob Johnston • Last updated on Share Tweet The scheduling means that a few England players could miss the opening Test against New Zealand at Lord’s © BCCI Head coach Chris Silverwood has confirmed that the England players taking part in the IPL will stay for the whole tournament which means that if any are involved in the final stages, they are almost certain to miss the opening Test against New Zealand at Lord’s which begins on June 2. The IPL schedule was confirmed on Sunday (March 7) with the play-offs taking place on May 25, 26 and 28 and the final set for May 30, all at the Narendra Modi Cricket stadium in Ahmedabad. England’s two-Test series against New Zealand, recently ranked the world’s number one team until India pipped them, begins at Lord’s just two days after the IPL final. Of the 13 English players who will be playing in the IPL, seven were selected in the Test squad for parts of the series against Sri Lanka and India. There is a reluctance within the ECB to go back on an agreement made with the players that they are allowed to play the… Read full this story
- England vs West Indies: Coach Chris Silverwood throws weight behind under-fire Jos Buttler
- England to keep faith with Jos Buttler while Ben Foakes waits in the wings
- 4th ODI: Buttler and Morgan pummel Windies in record-breaking England innings
- J.R. Smith and Joel Embiid are among NBA players blasting 'airline' quarantine meals of Skittles and Doritos at Walt Disney World ahead of the season in Florida
- Lack of participation from black players is structural issue: Mark Butcher
- NHL: 43 players tested positive for COVID-19 since Phase 2 (June 8)
- PHT Morning Skate: Labor peace in a pandemic; COVID-19 transparency needed
- Jofra Archer axed by England after going on 100-mile detour to see his DOG – breaking team’s strict bio-security rules
- Malinga, Pollard, Dhoni, Watson: who is the IPL's all-time MVP?
- Silverwood laments England's failure to capitalise on starts
England players will stay back for IPL playoffs if needed: Silverwood have 329 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at July 7, 2021. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.