WTC FINAL by Vijay Tagore • Last updated on Share Tweet Hardik Pandya, who hasn’t been bowling too much in the recent months, is likely to miss out on selection for the WTC final © Getty The Indian squad for the World Test Championship (WTC) final, against New Zealand, is expected to be selected in the next 48 hours, most likely on Friday (May 7). The selectors are expected to pick a jumbo squad consisting of at least four openers, about four to five middle-order batsmen, eight to nine pacers, four to five spinners and two to three wicketkeepers, Cricbuzz understands. The exact size of the squad will depend on the BCCI advisory on whether to select for the five-Test series set to be played in England or just for the WTC final. The team management is believed to have asked for a large contingent so that it can have a few intra-squad games before the big ICC match. The final, as reported earlier, will be held in Southampton from June 18 to 23. The squad, however, is unlikely to have too many surprises. The Chetan Sharma-led committee is expected to retain almost all the members who were part of… Read full this story
- Dhoni opts out of West Indies tour, Hardik rested, Bumrah only for Tests
- How the IPL created India's new cricket stars
- IPL 12: Best of the Best
- What is going wrong for Team India
- India vs South Africa: 3rd T20I: India Probable XI for Bengaluru match
- ICC World Cup 2019: India vs England: Preview, where to watch, timing, probable XI
- 'The Art of Leaving': Sunil Gavaskar got it right, Kapil Dev didn't but what about MS Dhoni?
- India vs South Africa, 3rd T20I: We are here to play in traditional South African way: Rassie van der Dussen
Selectors likely to mull over Hardik, Shaw and Prasidh for WTC final squad have 290 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at June 6, 2021. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.