Việt Nam is emerging as the most digital of all economies in the region. — VNA/VNS Photo HÀ NỘI — Việt Nam's digital economy will likely reach US$52 billion in value by 2025, according to the e-Conomy SEA 2020 report by Google, Temasek and Bain & Company. With gross merchandise value (GMV) of its internet economy accounting for more than 5 per cent of the country’s GDP in 2020, Việt Nam is emerging as the most digital of all economies in the region, the report said. Last year, the Vietnamese internet economy hit double-digit growth at 16 per cent year-on-year, the highest in Southeast Asia. The report noted all sectors except travel continued to grow in 2020, of which transport and food, and online media grew 50 per cent and 18 per cent compared to 2019. Only online travel dropped 28 per cent in terms of GMV but is expected to grow 25 per cent by 2025. "This year's seismic consumer and ecosystem shifts have advanced the internet sector in unimaginable ways, putting it in a stronger position than ever," the report said. Nguyễn Quang Đông, Director of the Institute for Policy Research and Communication Development, said the digital service industry is… Read full this story
- Indian Economy - Going Global
- Post-Capitalistic Free Market Economy - How America Can Be Rescued (Part III)
- What Happened to the Economy? It Moved
- National Debt Of United States Hitting New Highs
- We Can Fix the American Economy by Fixing Ourselves First!
- The US Economy - Only the Good News (And There is Plenty)
- Vandalism - The Cost is Over 15 Billion a Year
- Digital Signage - People Like Interactivity
- The Rise of Digital Asset Management
- The Audacity of Theft - Stealing America's Political Process With 1 Billion Dollars in Advertising
Việt Nam’s digital economy to hit $52 billion by 2025 have 288 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at May 5, 2021. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.