The number of tourists arriving in Sam Son Beach on the occasion of Reunification Day (April 30) and Labour Day (May 1) have decreased due to concern over COVID-19 pandemic. (Photo baothanhhoa.vn) Hanoi – Concerns over COVID-19 forced Nguyen Thuy Quynh from Hanoi to cancel her family trip to the north central province of Thanh Hoa for the Reunification Day (April 30) and Labour Day (May 1) holiday which lasted four days from April 29 to May 2. Quynh said she had booked a hotel for her family near Sam Son beach two weeks ago but decided to postpone the trip. "We decided to stay at home on the holiday for my family's safety," she told Viet Nam News, adding that her mother is now 74 years old and vulnerable to COVID-19 infection. Quynh was among thousands of Vietnamese tourists who cancelled trips due to worries about new community infections. Nguyen Gia Son, the owner of a hotel in Thanh Hoa City's Le Van Huu Street, said 70 percent of tourists cancelled their bookings. Many hotels in the city faced a similar situation, he said. According to Thanh Hoa Province's Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism, as many as 374,000… Read full this story
- New Covid-19 outbreak dents Vietnam’s hospitality recovery
- Malaysia jails Indian national linked to fresh COVID-19 outbreak
- Damien O'Connor says Covid-19 has taught tourism industry 'not to be so cocky'
- Fresh Covid-19 outbreak alerts for Sydney AND Melbourne as another hotel quarantine worker tests positive and NSW traveller is found to be infected two days after leaving lockdown
- 6 states account for over 85 pc of fresh Covid-19 cases in India: Health ministry
- Hanoi mayor requests 'absolute safety' for national high school exams amid Covid-19 outbreak
- WHO Team Member: China Has Not Handed Over Vital Info on COVID-19 Outbreak
- Six COVID-19 Outbreaks In Wayne, Six in Oakland and Seven in Macomb County As Schools Return To In-Person Learning
- NATAS travel fair in May cancelled as COVID-19 outbreak continues
- Vietnam rapid suppression of Covid-19 outbreak helps maintain positive economic outlook: WB
Fresh COVID-19 outbreak dents tourism industry have 333 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at May 7, 2021. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.