SUPPLIED Ford has increased its investment in Solid Power, a Denver-based company that is developing sulfide solid-state battery technology. Ford NZ has joined Drive Electric to help push electrified vehicles into the mainstream , ahead of Auckland's Eworld conference this weekend. "As a volume brand we see our products and technology as a key enabler of de-carbonising the transport sector through effective and targeted renewal of New Zealand's ageing vehicle fleet," said Simon Rutherford, Managing Director Ford New Zealand. "As the consumer appetite for EVs grows, capacity increases, infrastructure and accessibility improve, we aim to further expand our EV line-up as Ford has done in many markets around the world." "Joining Drive Electric helps us to contribute further to the industry-wide efforts and discussions to find a pragmatic, customer-focused and scalable pathway to the wider adoption of new EVs in New Zealand," he added. READ MORE: Government commitment to EVs welcomed Lobby group wants 250,000 EVs on road in five years Ford and VW finalise alliance Ford NZ to launch plug-in Transit van next year The move will help Ford achieve its goal of becoming a carbon-neutral global company by 2050, as well as helping it align with forthcoming local… Read full this story
- Ford F-150 Lightning Electric Pick-Up Truck Revealed: Gets 563bhp, 1,051Nm & A Range Of 450 Kilometres
- US President Joe Biden Drives Ford F-150 Lightning Electric Pickup Truck, Says 'This Sucker's Quick'
- Ford focuses on fully electric vehicles
- Bloomberg: Apple hires BMW veteran who led i3 development to join its electric car team
- Ford is making an electric Explorer, boosts EV investment by $8 billion
- Up close with the Ford F-150 Lightning electric pickup truck
- Ford Mustang Mach-E electric car will get wireless upgrades without you even noticing
- See Ford's electric F-150 pickup truck
- 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning: Specs And Pricing Revealed | Digital Trends
Ford NZ joins Drive Electric have 303 words, post on www.stuff.co.nz at May 6, 2021. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.