Breaking News When Claressa Shields hits the ring on Friday night — she’ll be rocking custom fight trunks paying tribute to Kobe Bryant and Gianna . 25-year-old Shields is taking on IBF super welterweight champion Marie-Eve Dicaire — in a fight to unify the super welterweight division. Claressa has established herself as the top fighter in women’s boxing — she’s 10-0 as a pro … with TWO gold medals in the Olympics. She was clearly inspired by the greatness of Kobe and his daughter Gianna — which is why she decided to put their names on her trunks. Shields tells TMZ Sports she’s laser-focused on her fight with Dicaire — explaining, “I wanna knock her out but I also wanna have a great performance.” “She’s gonna come out there and try to perform but I just know that I can get her out between rounds 5 and 7. It just depends which round that I’m really feeling it.” Play video content TMZSports.com As we previously reported, Shields is also training to make the jump from boxing to MMA … with her first MMA fight scheduled to take place in the summer. Still no word on who Claressa’s first MMA opponent… Read full this story
- Beyonce Gets Personal Invite From Boxer Claressa Shields, Come to My Fight!
- Niyo: Odd couple is trying to revive the boxing scene in Detroit
- The Root's London 2012 Black-Olympian Watch
- Black Olympians to Watch in London 2012
- 40 Black Athletes to Watch at the Rio Olympics
- 15 Unbreakable Records by Black Athletes
- A look at funerals of the music greats
- Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez Are Both in Norway Right Now, Presumably Riding a Reindeer to Pleasure-Town
- Examples of Aporia Questions Using Picture Books
- The Best Live Sketches Of 'Saturday Night Live' Season 44
Boxing Star Claressa Shields Honoring Kobe Bryant & Gianna with Custom Fight Trunks have 285 words, post on www.tmz.com at May 3, 2021. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.