People stand in line to get a vaccine against the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outside the Stockholmsmassan exhibition center, turned mass vaccination centre, in Stockholm, Sweden, April 8, 2021. (Photo from TT News Agency via REUTERS) STOCKHOLM — Sweden's Health Agency said on Wednesday it would pause plans to start vaccinations using Johnson & Johnson's COVID-19 vaccine following reports of rare blood clots similar to those reported for the AstraZeneca shot. The Health Agency said in a statement it would not start the vaccinations and await the findings of a review by the European Medicines Agency (EMA). The vaccine has not yet been used in Sweden though a first batch of 31,000 doses has arrived in the country. U.S. federal health agencies have recommended pausing the use of the Johnson & Johnson (J&J) COVID-19 vaccine after six recipients developed a rare disorder involving blood clots. Following the news, J&J said it was delaying the rollout of the vaccine to Europe. "We are now looking to the EMA review as well as information from the United States before we consider the recommendations in Sweden," Chief Epidemiologist Anders Tegnell said. "Until then, the recommendation is to not use the vaccine doses." The Health… Read full this story
- French press review 18 September 2018
- Edited Transcript of AGR earnings conference call or presentation 24-Jul-19 2:00pm GMT
- Edited Transcript of BA earnings conference call or presentation 24-Jul-19 2:30pm GMT
- BR SPECIAL! Romania's circular economy, driven by private sector, awaits authorities' input
- 28 brilliant and bizarre world records held by Sweden and the Swedes
- Harry Potter house awaits 'right buyer'
- Behind-the-curtain of the EU's 2050 climate plan
- Hangar arena plans 'crazy', ex-mayor says
- Fonterra apologies, fix-it plan after first loss
- 4 battlefield victories that saved Russia from destruction
Sweden pauses plans for J&J COVID-19 vaccinations, awaits review have 290 words, post on newsinfo.inquirer.net at April 15, 2021. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.