Photo: Ray Tamarra/Getty Images Prolific producer Scott Rudin came under renewed scrutiny last week after a Hollywood Reporter exposé detailed his alleged abusive behavior toward his assistants, including hurling a baked potato at one and smashing a computer monitor on another's hand . But the EGOT winner's temperament is not a revelation in the industry, where he has a long-established record of combative conduct — in 1998, Fortune magazine described Rudin as being famous for "his habit of throwing phones, verbally abusing staffers, and expecting 16-hour workdays and seven-day workweeks." He told The Wall Street Journal in 2005 that he had burned through 119 assistants in five years (some workers estimated the number would be 250 or more if it included those fired during their two-week trial periods). From his pushing people out of moving cars to engaging in a bitter feud with Harvey Weinstein , here are 21 tales about Rudin that helped build his unpleasant reputation. According to a 2001 Observer article , Rudin's office at Paramount reportedly contained a "jungle of foliage" meant to hide the destruction. "Between the enormous potted plants everywhere and the look of the faces on the interns and the assistants, it was… Read full this story
- 21 policemen tasked to ensure safety of journalists
- Duterte declares Jan 21 a holiday in parts of Mindanao for Bangsamoro plebiscite
- House to resume probe on 2019 budget mess on Jan 21
- In Columbia, Mike Pence praises Tim Scott, SC Opportunity Zone project
- Please leave EPA's Scott Pruitt alone, he's trying to kill seagulls
- My favourite Hitchcock film: Notorious by Frank Cottrell Boyce
- Cannabis Brand Founded by CJ Wallace to Honor His Late Father, Notorious B.I.G.
- NBC, CBS polls differ on Scott-Nelson Senate race; Putnam tops DeSantis in GOP governor primary
- 'I've lost all confidence in Australia': Fans are outraged after Grammy Award-nominated Travis Scott is beaten by indie band Ocean Alley in Triple J's Hottest 100 Countdown
- Trump is still clinging to Scott Pruitt as his embattled EPA chief faces another brutal day of scandals
21 Notorious Scott Rudin Stories have 332 words, post on www.vulture.com at April 14, 2021. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.