In EVE Online, it’s not just enough to accrue the millions of ISK required to fly a battleship. You also have to train up the skills required to fly one, an act that can take months of actual time. But soon, CCP will let you take EVE’s spiciest ships for a test drive, letting you borrow the required skills with new “Expert System” consumables. Announced last week, Expert Systems will give you a week of temporary skill points in a “variety of professions”, without having to commit. Considering the length of time it takes to train up (and the skill point limits applied to free pilots), these are pitched as a good way to explore new styles of play. Expert Systems come with a preset loadout of skill levels, mind, meaning you can’t assign them freely. From the sounds of it, this isn’t a tool for a seasoned pilot to start experimenting with specific ships. Rather, these systems seem aimed at newer players looking to experiment beyond the early game (though you’ll still need to buy the ship for whatever you’re trying out). Acquired skills won’t be lost on death, though you’ll lose access once the week runs out. You… Read full this story
- EVE Online's Historian Talks Battlefleets And Betrayals
- Shining Star - EVE Online: Rubicon Launching in Nov
- Eve Online's Drifter invasion is mucking with the space telephone
- EVE Online Diary Part One: Spaceships And Supermarkets
- EVE Fanfest 2013: The Invisible Hand of EVE Online
- Who's Who In Eve Online's 'Northern War'
- Eve Online: Audience With The King Of Space
- EVE Online's free accounts getting to fly bigger ships
- EVE Online's free-to-play Arms Race update is live
- Open skies: EVE Online launches new free accounts
EVE Online will let you 'borrow' skills to try new ships soon have 285 words, post on www.pcgamer.com at March 2, 2021. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.