Britons are ‘highly likely’ to need a Covid vaccination every year for the ‘foreseeable’ future, Matt Hancock has today warned, as he also revealed 200,000 people a day are now receiving their first dose of the jab. The Health Secretary said the UK could require an ‘dual vaccination programme’, with yearly jabs to protect against flu and coronavirus. It comes as a top public expert today warned as many of 90 per cent of Britons would need to be protected against the virus in order to achieve heard immunity. Professor Devi Sridhar said such a roll-out would take until next Autumn to complete. She warned that, with scientists still unsure about how long vaccine protection lasts, those inoculated now could lose their immunity by that time. Meanwhile, in another blow to Britons, a top epidemiologist today warned normal life in the UK may not be able to resume even after the most vulnerable people were vaccinated – saying it was ‘likely’ social distancing could still be in place by the end of the year. However, in a glimmer of hope, Mr Hancock revealed the UK’s vaccination roll-out was accelerating towards the Government’s two-million a week target. He said the UK… Read full this story
- Thousands of older people at risk of malnutrition and dehydration at inadequate care homes
- HPV jab: why are boys missing out?
- What are measles, do the symptoms include a rash, can you catch it twice and can you get the disease if you’ve had the MMR vaccine?
- POLITICO London Playbook: Last day of term — Olly wobbles — Farewell the Daily Politics
- POLITICO London Playbook: May’s big day — How the vote was won — Trump reverse ferret
- ‘It’s like a prison’: Immigrant mother describes weeks-long hideout inside New York church to avoid deportation
- ‘Carrots make you see in the dark’: Four in 10 people live by food diet myths, study finds
- Oxford University admits need to improve student diversity after third of colleges accept handful of black applicants
- Britain in public health disaster as blood banks run dry, London faces toxic smog and NHS creaks ahead of 38C Furnace Friday
- Hottest day of the year as mercury hits 34.9C
Vaccines EVERY year: Matt Hancock admits it is 'highly likely' Britons will face annual Covid jabs as he reveals 200,000 people a day are being inoculated and every adult will have been offered a shot by autumn have 356 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 10, 2021. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.