Video PlayerClose ADDIS ABABA, Jan. 27 (Xinhua) — Chairperson of the African Union (AU) Commission, Moussa Faki Mahamat, on Tuesday announced “eight major priorities,” seeking re-election amid an imminent upcoming election. Mahamat, who was elected by African leaders to lead the 55-member pan-African bloc back in January 2017 during the 28th AU Summit, is fast approaching an end to his four-year first-term tenure at the helm of the AU Commission. The Chairperson of the AU Commission is set to present an assessment of his first-term activities to the assembly of African leaders, who are set to meet from February 6 and 7 as part of the 34th AU Summit. Noting that the priorities for his second-term aspiration from 2021-to-2024 “will set the normative framework for our future deployment,” Mahamat said the eight priorities “will set the normative framework for our future deployment” if he is re-elected. The eight major priorities include finalizing the institutional reform and strengthening the leadership of the AU Commission; enhancing administrative and financial accountability; silencing the guns at continental level; executing key continental integration projects such as the African Continental Free Trade (AfCFTA) Agreement; as well as realizing the continent’s food self-sufficiency, reduce poverty by building… Read full this story
- Bombshell on Buhari’s second term: How President can save himself — Colonel Tony Nyiam
- Ajit Pai gets new term on FCC despite protest of anti-net neutrality plan
- Is Election Commission ready for 2019 polls?
- A U.S. Supreme Court first: arguments by teleconference including major one involving Trump
- China seeks to contain 'silent carriers' of new coronavirus
- Norwegian Air seeks $4.3 billion debt-for-equity deal as crisis deepens
- Africa seeks IMF, World Bank, EU backing on debt relief
- Canberra coughs up AU$2.4b health package to fight COVID-19
- Roundup: WHO warns against lifting restrictions too soon amid signs of slowing in COVID-19 infections in Europe
- 'Sufficient progress' in Brexit talks announced after May's dash to Brussels
Roundup: AU commission chairperson announces "eight major priorities" seeking second-term have 306 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at January 28, 2021. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.