A fish model made of environmentally-friendly material is set up at My Khe beach in Da Nang city, which enables locals and tourists to collect plastic waste. It aims to raise public awareness of plastic pollution in the ocean (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – The Vietnamese Government has over the past time exerted a great deal of effort in addressing plastic waste in oceans by introducing various policies and regulations to tackle the scourge. Policies on reducing plastic waste in oceans To realise the target 14.1 stated in the 2030 Agenda of the United Nations on reducing ocean plastic pollution, the 12th Party Central Committee issued Resolution No 36-NQ/TW regarding Vietnam's sustainable maritime economic development to 2030 with a view to 2045, while the Prime Minister issued Decision No 1746/QD-TTg approving the national action plan on ocean waste management to 2030. The country set itself a target of preventing, controlling, and significantly mitigating marine pollution and playing a pioneering role in the region in reducing plastic waste in oceans . The Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment (MoNRE) has been ordered to prepare and carry out cooperation initiatives at regional and international forums as well as promote the formation of… Read full this story
- G20 agrees on plan to reduce plastic in oceans
- Secaucus joins Hoboken and Jersey City in banning plastic bags
- 5 biggest threats to our oceans - and what we can do about them
- Plastic bag bans in Africa: reality or fantasy?
- Southern California youth join global climate strike
- Making waste pay in the developing world
- Young people lead global climate change protests
- Young protesters worldwide demand climate change action
- Young protesters around globe demand action on climate change
- From Cape Town to Concord, students protest climate change
Efforts made to reduce plastic waste in oceans have 279 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at January 3, 2021. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.