Boris Johnson is set to deal a blow to influencers in Dubai by adding UAE to a list of up to 30 ‘high risk’ quarantine countries where returning travellers will be forced to pay to stay in hotels for 10 days under plans due to unveiled today. The Prime Minister last night met with officials to put the finishing touches to the Australian-style scheme, which is being introduced following concerns about new Covid variants. The United Arab Emirates, where many social media stars have jetted off during lockdown, is expected to appear on a list of up to 30 ‘high risk’ countries that will also include Portugal, Kenya, Nigeria, Ethiopia, and parts of South America and southern Africa. New rules are set to mean passengers arriving in Britain from any of the listed countries will have to isolate for 10 days in hotels near airports. The imminent plans come despite claims Home Secretary Priti Patel had backed a total travel ban that would close Britain’s borders. Ms Patel, thought to be supported by Health Secretary Matt Hancock, had hoped the travel ban would stop new variants of coronavirus entering Britain. Transport Secretary Grant Shapps and Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab have… Read full this story
- Boris Johnson snuffs out Cabinet calls for early easing of lockdown: PM intervenes from Chequers rehab to insist a second peak of coronavirus outbreak not economic misery is the biggest danger
- Boris Johnson missed five early emergency meetings about UK coronavirus outbreak, Michael Gove says
- Boris Johnson is 'reluctant to end lockdown over fears of a second wave of coronavirus infections' - despite lowest daily death toll for two weeks - but Sunak and Gove want to 'run hot' and ease restrictions sooner
- Royals wish Boris Johnson a 'speedy recovery': The Queen, Prince William and Kate Middleton send support to PM, his family and pregnant fiancée Carrie Symonds as he battles coronavirus in intensive care
- Lockdown until 2021 and all talk of 'exit strategy' is banned: 'Tentative' Boris Johnson sides with Cabinet 'doves' who want restrictions until coronavirus is crushed as experts warn ANY lifting of measures 'will see explosion in cases'
- NHS nurse who helped save Boris Johnson's life from coronavirus in intensive care confirms: 'He absolutely needed to be there'
- Michael Gove defends Boris Johnson's leadership after the revelation PM 'skipped five Cobra meetings' at start of coronavirus outbreak - while 'nothing was done to prepare for outbreak for WEEKS'
- Boris Johnson is 'preparing to return to work on Monday' to take control of the coronavirus crisis - as Donald Trump tells reporters he’s spoken to the PM who sounds 'incredible'
- Boris Johnson 'skipped five Cobra meetings on coronavirus as warnings ignored'
- Howzat! Smiling Boris Johnson basks in England's Ashes glory as he meets Australian PM Scott Morrison to talk up a post-Brexit trade deal at the G7 in Biarritz
Britons escaping lockdown with jaunts to Dubai are set to be among the first to face 10-day £1,500 hotel quarantine as Boris Johnson TODAY unveils list of 'high risk' nations hit by new restrictions have 465 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 26, 2021. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.