INJURY BLOW by Cricbuzz Staff • Last updated on ShareTweet Maxwell is expected to be out for 6-8 weeks. © Getty Glenn Maxwell, originally named in both the T20I and ODI squads, will miss Australia’s upcoming limited-overs tour of South Africa due to an elbow injury. He will be replaced by D’Arcy Short, Cricket Australia confirmed on Wednesday (February 12). Maxwell, who was managing his troubled left elbow through the BBL, reported increased pain over the weekend, following which scans revealed “some loose fragments of bone within his elbow joint”. He will now undergo surgery and is expected to be out for six to eight weeks. As a result, he might miss at least the start of the IPL. This also means a further delay to Maxwell’s anticipated international return since his mental health break late last year. “Representing Australia is the highest honour in cricket and something I cherish,” Maxwell said. “I was not confident that I could perform at international level with my elbow in its current state and have decided to undergo surgery straight away to fix the issue. “I would like to thank Justin Langer, Ben Oliver, Trevor Hohns and the whole Australian squad for their… Read full this story
- England's Rory Burns Ruled Out Of South Africa Tour After Football Injury
- Jofra Archer may miss Test against South Africa due to injury
- Joe Root dropped from England T20 squad for South Africa tour, and Liam Plunkett out of ODI team
- Five questions for England to resolve during South Africa tour, including: Will Jonny Bairstow return to the side?
- France's Lucas Pouille to miss Australian Open with elbow injury
- England coach Chris Silverwood says South Africa tour troubles have made team stronger
- Ben Stokes misses England training with father Ged in 'critical condition' after falling ill on South Africa tour
- Rory Burns ruled out of South Africa Test series with ankle injury
- South Africa vs England: Joe Root and Co look to end 63-year-old hoodoo in Cape Town
- England collapses to 181, South Africa leads 1st test by 175
Maxwell to miss South Africa tour due to elbow injury have 346 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at December 12, 2020. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.