Education Secretary Gavin Williamson has called on Eton to admit girls for the first time, saying he would be ‘very much in favour’ of the move. Speaking to the BBC, Mr Williamson said it would be a good ‘step forward’ if the boys-only public school, attended by the sons of the elite and well-connected, began accepting female pupils. The minister’s comments come amid an ongoing row at the Berkshire college after the sacking of English master Will Knowland for a lesson he planned to give boys on gender roles. Mr Knowland planned to tell boys at the prestigious public school that ‘nobody wants to watch films’ about transgender characters and women had always had the right to vote. Education Secretary Gavin Williamson says that Eton College should begin accepting female pupils He was unable to deliver the lecture as part of a class on critical thinking due to the pandemic, but the pre-recorded talk, called the Patriarchy Paradox, was posted on his personal YouTube channel. Mr Knowland says he was sacked by Head Master Simon Henderson over the contents of the talk and his refusal to comply with the ‘censorious’ instruction to delete the video. Education secretary Mr Williamson refused… Read full this story
- NM education secretary tours Lynn Middle School in Las Cruces
- Puerto Rican schools relax dress code rules to include LGBT students
- Class act: Saluting the top students at Pinellas private schools
- State takeover of Harrisburg schools may not produce the results advocates seeks
- State takeover of Harrisburg schools may not produce the results advocates seekYou may also be interested in...
- Educating North Dakota's future workforce
- State high school association votes to introduce 23rd Kansas high school sport
- The little girls who desegregated New Orleans schools
- Harrisburg school employees to superintendent: Turn over our data to state auditors
- ICYMI: Florida education news in review, week of April 15, 2019
'Eton should take girls': Education secretary Gavin Williamson says he would be 'very much in favour' of top public school taking 'step forward' by accepting female pupils have 303 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at December 3, 2020. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.