Many Brits have awoken to dramatic scenes of flooding after Storm Bella swept into the UK, tearing down trees and cutting power to homes. Two ‘danger to life’ flood warnings are in force this morning in Cogenhoe, South Northamptonshire, and along a section of the River Nene in the east of England. A further 98 flood warnings have been issued for the rest of the country, meaning immediate action in these areas is required. It comes as Storm Bella lashed the country with strong winds, with 106mph gusts recorded in the Isle of Wight in the early hours of this morning. Dramatic pictures show flooding in Worcestershire, Cambridgeshire and Oxfordshire this morning. South Western Railway warned that downpours had flooded the line between Bournemouth and Southampton, causing delays and cancellations this morning. Strong winds blew a range of obstacles onto rail lines, including a trampoline on the tracks between East London and Kent this morning. Gusts also downed trees over the Hastings railway line and contributed to a ‘risk of delays’ for Channel crossings from Dover and Calais. Homes across the UK lost power last night, with Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks confirming it had managed to restore electricity to… Read full this story
- Storm Freya lashes UK with wind and snow amid fears of rush hour travel chaos
- Weather forecast - 99mph wind as Storm Gareth hits UK and Met Office warning for MORE rain and gales tomorrow
- Severe warnings over ice and floods as Storm Hannah thrashes Britain
- Storm Gareth tracker: HURRICANE-force winds to batter Britain - where is Gareth now?
- Dozens of flood alerts as heavy rain causes chaos for commuters across UK
- Weather warning for Scots drivers after snow and flooding chaos on M77 and M8
- UK battered by ice balls 'the size of mint imperials' as hail storms spark chaos
- UK weather forecast - Snow and 2ins rain tomorrow as MORE storms batter Britain until weekend
- UK storm names 2019/20 – why are storms given names and will your name be featured soon?
- Snow to hit again as Britain battered by 65mph winds and heavy rain
Brits wake up to flooding chaos as Storm Bella lashes UK with 106mph winds have 342 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at December 27, 2020. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.