Millions of Universal Credit claimants have been left in limbo after the Chancellor refused to confirm whether the emergency £20 a week boost would be extended past April 2021. The £20 a week boost – introduced this year to support 6million people facing hardship due to the pandemic – is due to end in spring 2021. Right now, the extra payment equates to £1,040 a year for those on the lowest incomes – enough to keep many families afloat. However, despite warning that unemployment could top 3million next summer, Sunak refused to confirm whether the extra support would be extended. Have you been affected by the pay freeze? Email [email protected] Work and Pensions Secretary Therese Coffey said a decision has not yet been made on whether to keep the £20 UC boost as she announced the full rate of the new State Pension will be worth £179.60 per week from 2021. Sources hinted that an announcement could be made in the New Year. However, Work and Pensions Committee Chair Stephen Timms MP, said households are facing an uncertain Christmas without any clear guidance. “Millions of people on Universal Credit are now facing the Christmas period in agonising uncertainty, not knowing… Read full this story
- Hamilton on ignoring call to pit: Why risk it?
- Report: NFL considering penalizing teams for losing challenge on judgment call
- BlackBerry Messenger Update: VoIP Calling, Dropbox Support
- Watch: Philip Rivers loses it after awful call negates big play
- WATCH: Sunil Chettri calls for support from the fans for the AFC Asian Cup 2019
- Brazil women lose to Scotland 1-0, extending crisis
- Busy signing day expected for K-State basketball, even after losing one commit
- Bobby Knight Hates Losing Even In The Movie 'Blue Chips'
- Best Credit Card Processors 2017
- A Snake’s tale: 50 years later, Don Prudhomme to drive again in Mexican 1000 (mile) off-road race
Universal Credit claimants could lose £1,000 as Sunak ignores calls to extend support have 303 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at November 25, 2020. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.