Devika Vaidya, the leg-spinning all-rounder, and Sneh Rana, the off-spinner, have been named as the captains of India A and India B sides for the upcoming Women’s Quadrangular T20 Series, also consisting of Bangladesh and Thailand.
Vaidya has played nine ODIs and one T20I while Rana has represented the country in seven ODIs and five T20Is. Priya Punia, who has composed a couple of ODI fifties in her short career so far, and Madhuri Mehta, who played her only ODI back in 2012, are some of the other members of India A’s set-up. Meanwhile. Nuzhat Parween, the wicketkeeper-bat, is a part of India B’s squad.
The tournament is scheduled to commence on 16th January and all the matches will be played in Patna.
India A: Devika Vaidya (c), Priya Punia, Jincy George, Madhuri Mehta, Richa Ghosh, Sushri Dibyadarshini, Komal Zanzad, Manali Dakshini, Meghna Singh, Nikita Chauhan, Bharti Fulmali, R Kalpana (WK), Rashi Kanojia, Renuka Singh, Jasia Akhtar
India B:Sneh Rana (c), Yastika Bhatia, Nuzhat Parween (WK), S Meghana, Tejal Hasabnis, Vrushali Bhagat, Minnu Mani, Monica Patel, Shrayosi Aich, Anjali Sarvani, Simran Dil Bahadhur, Tanuja Kanwar, Kshama Singh, Nupur Kohale, Tanushree Sarkar
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Greenpeace cuts staff, shuts two offices after India funding crackdown
- India eases foreign investment rules to aid economic growth
- Vietnam high-ranking military delegation visits India
- India pledges to support Vietnam defense
- India likely to surpass UK in world’s largest economy rankings
- Women win silver at Princess Cup
- India likely to ease restrictions for foreign online retailers next month
- India's biggest film franchise hot on Hollywood's heels
- Chinese coach to lead HCM City women’s football squad
- Vietnam leading in Asian women's chess tournament