AUSTRALIA’S TOUR OF ENGLAND, 2020 by Cricbuzz Staff • Last updated on ShareTweet Morgan thinks it will be his side’s fast bowlers who will have to adapt more to the slower surfaces. © AFP In the four year build-up to the 2019 World Cup victory, the pitches England played on in 50-over cricket at home were very often batting paradises. They regularly amassed huge scores, including three of more than 400, as they developed the fearless approach that Eoin Morgan wanted his side to embrace. Although the pitches during last summer’s tournament itself were more difficult for batting, England’s approach worked. They became world champions. The next World Cup, in India, will be played in very different conditions, though. The pitches will generally be lower, slower and favour spinners more than those England have tended to play on at home over the past four years. Although they adapted well enough to some difficult surfaces during last summer’s World Cup, they have been caught out before on slow and low pitches which require not so much all out attack and boundary hitting as nous and touch and the rotation of strike. That was the case in the 2017 Champions Trophy semi-final… Read full this story
- How Project Scorpio Improves Xbox One and Xbox 360 Titles
- Oculus Rift Update: New 'Crescent Bay' Model Includes Built-In Headphones And Improved Head Tracking, Unity Partnership Announced
- ‘Pokemon Go’ Patch Release Date, Latest News & Update: Improved 'Nearby' Tracking Feature Finally Coming Out? Find Out More Here!
- New Zealand To Host India In A Full Tour Next Year
- New Zealand vs England Final: World Cup Head To Head Match Stats
- New Zealand vs England Preview, World Cup 2019: New Zealand, England Vie For Maiden World Cup Glory
- World Cup Semi-Final: Hat-Trick Man Mohammed Shami Not Part of India Playing XI vs New Zealand
- India vs Australia: Bhuvneshwar Kumar Says Not Playing Regularly Can Impact Rhythm
- #MeToo in India: AIB loses lucrative deals, may dissolve soon
- "Taught Us A Few Lessons": Kane Williamson Heaps Praise On Team India After 1-4 Series Loss
Morgan seeks improvement on slower tracks as England aim to defend title in India have 349 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at October 10, 2020. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.