BOSTON (CBS) – Across Boston, the first-day-of-school jitters set in, as students headed back to school without setting foot in the buildings. Superintendent Brenda Cassellius told WBZ-TV, even with the challenges of remote learning, so far, so good. "We all feel a little scared for today and it's a little bit different, and there is a little bit of anxiety that we're all feeling. We just want to let the kids know that if they need help we have support for them as well. We have our counselors and social workers standing by to support our students with any needs that they have whether it's navigating this new normal or whether is something else more personal to them," Cassellius said. READ MORE: Baby Otter Opens Eyes For 1st Time After Being Rescued From A Parking Lot Erica Crowley read the rules on her daughter's first-grade classroom webpage to WBZ-TV. "Raise your hand to talk, listening, no eating during class, have fun and do your best," she said. Her daughter Violet wished she could be in a class with other kids. "I want to go back to school," she said. Tens of thousands of Boston families are navigating the same challenges…. Read full this story
- 'You're torturing me': Illinois public schools sent thousands of students as young as five to solitary confinement rooms where they 'banged their heads against walls, urinated in their pants, and smeared feces while crying for their mothers'
- 147 Indiana school districts cancel classes as teachers protest at the state Capitol
- Cherokee Schools Updated On Social, Emotional Learning Initiative
- Elizabeth Warren Accused of Lying to School Choice Activist: ‘No, My Children Went to Public Schools’
- Several schools reopen in Srinagar, students asked not to wear uniform
- #RedforEd Teachers Shut Down Public Schools in Indiana
- MULL: American Students Are Failing; You Can Thank Public Schools
- I rejected UNESCO job offer to help Jakande move private school pupils to public school — Sobowale
- Business students learn value in making a difference
- Illinois High School Officials Investigating After Students Posted 'Slave for Sale' Ad On Craigslist
Boston Public Schools Hold First Day Of Classes With All Students Learning Remotely have 351 words, post on boston.cbslocal.com at September 21, 2020. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.