For the Ampere generation of Founders Edition coolers, Nvidia had to go back to the drawing board and completely redesign the cooling solution to suit the significantly higher TDPs of the GeForce RTX 3080 and 3090.The radical new design for the RTX 3080 and RTX 3090 Founders Edition coolers represent Nvidia’s new solution to an old cooling problem, but it has also sparked a lot of controversy in the enthusiast community; will the new cards propel more heat into your CPU’s cooler, and will AIO’s have a bigger benefit? Let’s take a closer look at the design. Looking back at 20-series Founders Edition coolers, it’s your very typical design with two fans pushing air into a vapor chamber heatsink, which then gets heat dissipated out the rear and sides of the chassis.Image 1 of 2Image 2 of 2If you stick a graphics card in a case with this traditional airflow pattern, it disrupts the airflow. Instead of air passing freely from the front intake fans thru the chassis and to the rear fan, most of the air gets sucked into the GPU fans. That air is then slammed into the PCB. The design doesn’t exhaust air out of the rear of… Read full this story
- Planets to align over Christmas: Jupiter and Saturn will get closer to each other in Earth's night sky than they have been for nearly 800 years
- Masked Ananya Panday returns from Dubai decked in limited edition Louis Vuitton worth over Rs 4 lakh, Rs 3k Playboy joggers. SEE PICS
- What Would a Socially Distanced Award Show Even Look Like?
- Quang Ninh looks to recover tourism image through running races
- Mark Zuckerberg Looks to a Post-Smartphone Future at Facebook F8
- This Acer gaming laptop is a steal at $760 at Amazon for Black Friday
- David Beckham dotes on daughter Harper as he helps her bake Christmas cookies while they spend some quality family time together
- Tally launches Tally Prime to help small businesses innovate faster
- Princess Diana fans spot baffling issue in every official photo of her and Prince Charles
- Suriya responds to Mahesh Babu’s wishes for Soorarai Pottru
A Closer Look at the GeForce RTX 3080, RTX 3090 Founders Edition Coolers have 358 words, post on www.tomshardware.com at September 4, 2020. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.