The Vietnamese stock market was hit strongly in Monday morning’s trade as financial stocks, especially insurers, suffered from profit-taking pressure. The benchmark VN-Index on the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange dipped 1.34 per cent to close at 961.09 points. The VN-Index fell total 0.56 per cent last week. More than 86.7 million shares were traded on the southern bourse, worth VND1.7 trillion (US$73.4 million). Market trading condition was negative with 234 declining stocks versus 55 gainers. Financial and banking firms were the major factor that pulled the market down. Insurance companies were the worst-performing stocks as Bao Viet Holdings (BVH) lost 5.3 per cent, sending the sector index down 4.5 per cent, data on vietstock.vn showed. Securities firms and banks contributed to dragging the two sector indices down 2.3 per cent and 0.9 per cent, respectively. Other industries that also saw shares declined strongly included petroleum, food and beverage, retail, plastics and chemicals. Large-cap stocks in the VN30 basket also underperformed, pulling the large-cap index down 1.50 per cent to 882.00 points. Twenty-seven of the 30 largest stocks by market capitalisaton in the VN30 basket declined while only one advanced. On the Ha Noi Stock Exchange, the HNX-Index fell 1.09… Read full this story
- Sorry, Pete Rose! Here is why Ichiro Suzuki would have 4,600 hits had he played entire career in the Majors
- College students may need their own renters insurance policies
- Biotech stocks are so bad they may be good: Technician
- Severe pollution hits Indian capital
- Buffett's latest milestone: Berkshire stock hits $300,000
- MoviePass’ Stock Plummets. Will The Company Survive?
- Facebook Stocks Plummet to an Unprecedented Degree
- MoviePass experiences more outages, stock plummets 60%
- Small smugglers struggle as N. Korea sanctions hit hard
- Illinois bonds hit hard after U.S. judge's Medicaid ruling
VN stocks plummet, insurance stocks hit hard have 286 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at August 1, 2020. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.