A new poll showed that only one in three Americans trust the federal government to look out for their family’s interests, a new low since the coronavirus pandemic hit the U.S. in mid-March. Just 32 percent of Americans have a “fair amount” or “great deal” of trust in the federal government’s ability when it comes to protecting their families, according to an Axios-Ipsos poll released Tuesday. The number has plummeted 21 percent since March, when more than half of Americans said they had trusted the federal government to have their family’s interests in mind. “Americans at this point, and parents more specifically, can’t be force-fed policies that go against what they think,” Cliff Young, president of Ipsos U.S. Public Affairs, told Axios. Results from a May 19 Axios-Ipsos poll showed that employers and local health officials and healthcare workers were the most trusted figures. The public’s confidence in local and state governments is decreasing, but still higher than that of the federal government, Tuesday’s poll suggested. Fifty-five percent of Americans trust their state government, down from 71 percent in mid-March. In the current U.S. virus hotspots, including Arizona, Florida, Georgia and Texas, the public’s trust in their state government is… Read full this story
- Federal Government Not Liable for Border Agent Who Assaulted, Terrorized Migrants, Appeals Court Says
- Deakin University flags redundancies due to coronavirus, lashes Federal Government for casting 'international students adrift'
- Australian arts sector left in the cold by Federal Government, claims prominent theatre director
- Less Than Half of Americans Under 30 Closely Follow Pandemic News, Poll Shows
- Federal Government to spend $94 million stockpiling fuel in the US
- Trump: U.S. states, not federal government, must improve testing
- Nursing homes now have to report coronavirus cases to families and federal government
- Coronavirus live updates: Federal government says $300 billion in stimulus relief coming this week
- Americans see months-long pandemic fight ahead — CBS News poll
- Trump Org Asked Federal Government to Change D.C. Hotel Lease amid Coronavirus Shutdown: Reports
Trust in Federal Government to Look Out for American Families Plummets 21% Since Pandemic Began: Poll have 326 words, post on www.newsweek.com at July 14, 2020. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.