The Union Health Ministry on Thursday clarified that 15 August deadline for an indigenous Covid-19 vaccine is “only to expedite duly approved clinical trials without compromising on safety and security concerns”. During the press conference, Rajesh Bhushan, Officer on Special Duty, Health Ministry said, “Please don’t read something which is not there in DG-ICMR’s letter. Letter’s intent is only to expedite duly approved clinical trials without compromising on safety and security concerns.” Earlier, ICMR DG Balram Bhargava wrote a letter to Bharat Biotech and principal investigators of medical colleges to complete the trial procedure of indigenous COVID-19 vaccine in a fast track method so that results of a clinical trial can be launched by August 15. Bhushan further said that DCGI has permitted two vaccines to go in for phase 1 and 2 of clinical trials. “Bharat Biotech and Cadila Healthcare are developing vaccines. Both vaccines completed animal toxicity studies after approval. DCGI has permitted these two vaccines to go in for phase 1 and 2 clinical trials. Trials are yet to begin. Hope it begins soon. Bharat Biotech had recently received a nod for a clinical trial of its vaccine – Covaxin.A total of 12 institutes have been asked… Read full this story
- AP-NORC Poll: Half of Americans Would Get a COVID-19 Vaccine
- US Secures 300 Million Doses of Potential AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine
- Early COVID-19 Vaccine Data Positive, but 'Unimpressive'
- The Race to Develop a COVID-19 Vaccine, Explained
- US Top Health Expert Fauci Explains Risks Behind Development of COVID-19 Vaccine
- Moderna says Covid-19 vaccine shows promise in early trials, excites markets
- Moderna's coronavirus COVID-19 vaccine shows promising results in human safety trial, shares soar
- WHO backs COVID-19 vaccine trials that deliberately infect participants
- Antibody testing, vaccine trial: What India and the world are doing for Covid-19 vaccine
- How one Indian company could be world’s door to a Covid-19 vaccine
'No compromise on safety, security concerns': Government on August 15 indigenous Covid-19 vaccine deadline have 297 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at July 9, 2020. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.