The first COVID-19 vaccine tested in the U.S. revved up people’s immune systems just the way scientists had hoped, researchers reported Tuesday — as the shots are poised to begin key final testing. “No matter how you slice this, this is good news,” Dr. Anthony Fauci, the U.S. government’s top infectious disease expert, told The Associated Press. The experimental vaccine, developed by Fauci’s colleagues at the National Institutes of Health and Moderna Inc., will start its most important step around July 27: A 30,000-person study to prove if the shots really are strong enough to protect against the coronavirus. ADVERTISEMENT But Tuesday, researchers reported anxiously awaited findings from the first 45 volunteers Those early volunteers developed what are called neutralizing antibodies in their bloodstream — molecules key to blocking infection — at levels comparable to those found in people who survived COVID-19, the research team reported in the New England Journal of Medicine. “This is an essential building block that is needed to move forward with the trials that could actually determine whether the vaccine does protect against infection,” said Dr. Lisa Jackson of the Kaiser Permanente Washington Research Institute in Seattle, who led the study. There’s no guarantee but… Read full this story
- Fountains tested as final touches put to new look Cornhill
- Survival Lab Knife Test--The Final Cut
- India vs Australia Highlights, 1st Test Day 1: Cheteshwar Pujara Hundred Takes India To 250/9 On Day 1
- Ricky Ponting Backs Prithvi Shaw To Replace Murali Vijay In Boxing Day Test
- To 3D Or Not To 3D: Choose The Right Final Destination 5 Ticket
- The Riz Test Brings Muslim Representation to the Forefront of Discussion
- Border wall prototype anti-climb testing begins
- Elizabeth Warren Deflects When Asked If She’ll Take DNA Test Over Native American Heritage
- When is the Love Island 2018 final, how long does it run for and what does the winning couple get?
- Taste Test: Cracking open frittatas
First COVID-19 vaccine tested in US poised for final testing have 310 words, post on apnews.com at July 14, 2020. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.