This is a preview of our pop culture newsletter The Daily Beast’s Obsessed, written by senior entertainment reporter Kevin Fallon. To receive the full newsletter in your inbox each week, sign up for it here. Award Shows in the Time of Coronavirus Amidst all the, well, everything going on in the world, there were two bits of news that may have escaped you this week because with the, well, everything going on there is absolutely no reason you should have paid attention. That said, here is a longer-than-necessary write-up of those two very things. It was announced that this year’s Oscars ceremony is going to be pushed back until April due to the coronavirus, while this year’s Emmys ceremony is still going to take place as scheduled in September. I know. Award shows? In this climate? They are an indulgence that couldn’t seem more inconsequential right now, except for the crucial fact that they provided something extremely consequential this week: Several hours of distraction while I laughed to myself imagining what the hell a Hollywood award show would look like in the age of social distancing and coronavirus precautions. The Academy’s decision to delay the Oscars is designed to allow… Read full this story
- Zadie Smith says using social media would threaten her writing
- Grace Has Too Many Big Plans to Settle for Just a Job
- When did Rita Ora date Brooklyn Beckham, why did they split up and who is she dating now?
- The strange and evil world of Equatorial Guinea
- FMIA Week 14: How George Kittle and the ‘Choice’ Route Helped Lift 49ers Over Saints in the Game of the Year
- Beyoncé Is A Mystery We Can’t Stop Trying To Solve
- Why Taylor Swift Really Scares Trump On LGBTQ Rights
- Lewis Capaldi poses for pics with porn stars Chelsea Ferguson and Sasha Maria after sold-out gig
- How Identity Politics Conquered the Art World
- Every Movie of the 2010s, Ranked
What Would a Socially Distanced Award Show Even Look Like? have 330 words, post on www.thedailybeast.com at June 19, 2020. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.