BRUSSELS: Australia has called for an inquiry into the origin of the coronavirus. Germany and Britain are hesitating anew about inviting in Chinese tech giant Huawei. President Donald Trump has blamed China for the contagion and is seeking to punish it. Some governments want to sue Beijing for damages and reparations. Across the globe a backlash is building against China for its initial mishandling of the crisis that helped loose the coronavirus on the world, creating a deeply polarizing battle of narratives and setting back China’s ambition to fill the leadership vacuum left by the United States. China, never receptive to outside criticism and wary of damage to its domestic control and long economic reach, has responded aggressively, combining medical aid to other countries with harsh nationalist rhetoric and mixing demands for gratitude with economic threats. The result has only added momentum to the blowback and the growing mistrust of China in Europe and Africa, undermining China’s desired image as a generous global actor. Lockdown 3.0: Latest updatesEven before the virus, Beijing displayed a fierce approach to public relations, an aggressive style called “Wolf Warrior” diplomacy, named after two ultrapatriotic Chinese films featuring the evil plots and fiery demise of… Read full this story
- 'I don't think every issue is everyone's problem': LeBron James speaks out AGAIN after sparking backlash for saying Houston Rockets GM 'wasn't educated' when he sent tweet in support of Hong Kong protesters
- LeBron James Faces Backlash Unseen Since ‘The Decision’
- Investing In A Developing Economy - A Possible Solution To Global Financial Crisis
- Inside Deutsche Bank’s brazen scheme to woo China: Gifts, Golf and a $4,254 Wine
- China Will Use Solar to Save the World
- China's Stealth Abandonment of the Dollar Has Begun (Part Two)
- USA - China - A G2 For Climate and Economy?
- Outsource to India Or China? Let the Great Debate Begins
- Go Green - China Must Also Play a Role
- Chang-On International - Riding China's Green Construction Wavenformation
Covid-19: Global backlash builds against China over coronavirus have 322 words, post on timesofindia.indiatimes.com at May 4, 2020. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.