Kindly Share This Story: By Chioma Gabriel The Chinese Foreign Minister, Wang Yi, has declared that China will work with other G20 members to implement the debt service suspension initiative to ease Africa's debt burden. Wang Yi made the remarks when he responded to a question asked by an African journalist at a briefing on the sidelines of the annual Chinese national legislative session on Sunday. According to Minister Wang, who is currently a State Councillor (Deputy Prime Minister) of China's cabinet, China and Africa are good brothers. He said: "Our people, having fought shoulder-to-shoulder for national liberation, are partners for common development. A few years back, we were together fighting Ebola." ALSO READ: China, Nigeria share dreams that will unite Africa — Chu Maoming He stated that he fully agreed with the AU Commission Chairman in saying that "Africa and China are friends and, more importantly, comrades-in-arms. Nothing can change or damage this friendship." Wang made it clear that in the battle against COVID-19, China and Africa have again stood by each other. According to the Chinese Foreign Minister, "over 50 African leaders have expressed solidarity and support in phone calls or public statements. China has subsequently sent medical… Read full this story
- Full text of Chinese commerce minister's signed article on People's Daily
- China promises all-out efforts to protect African countries' interests
- China's major diplomatic move: Xi's visits to five Arab and African countries and attending BRICS summit
- Roundup: Ethiopians speak highly of China's engagement in trade, investment
- China denies Xi comments aimed at settling US dispute
- China-LatAm cooperation voluntary choice of both sides: Chinese FM
- E-commerce minister chases digital dragon
- If the Falling Chinese Space Station Hits You, Is Anyone Liable?
- At Least 10 Global Telecom Carriers Hacked in Suspected Chinese Espionage Campaign, Security Firm Says
- China-ASEAN relations advancing into new stage of all-round development
China will work to ease Africa’s debt burden — Chinese Foreign Minister have 306 words, post on www.vanguardngr.com at May 25, 2020. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.