Kindly Share This Story:Says they’ll be exposed over age-long employment scam By Joseph Erunke – Abuja The federal government has accused vice-chancellors of public universities of being behind Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU’s action opposing the implementation of Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System, IPPIS, in universities. The government which likened ASUU’s opposition to the scheme as “Voice of Jacob and hand of Esau”, insisted that university lecturers were mere frontrunners for the vice-chancellors, who it said, wanted to thwart the implementation of the scheme in the university to cover up their age-long fraud. But the government vowed that it was pressing ahead with the implementation of the scheme in the universities no matter the opposition by the university lecturers, saying time was up for their sponsors to be exposed through the system. It claimed that it had uncovered monumental fraud in the employment of university staff by the vice-chancellors, saying it was computing the records to take necessary action. READ ALSO: IPPIS: ASUU begs FG for 18 Months to develop UTAS The development, it said, necessitated its insistence that implementation of the IPPIS scheme must cover the university system contrary to strong resistance by ASUU. The government which claimed… Read full this story
- Kerala to dilute powers of Lokayukta, Opposition cries foul
- ANU students expelled over alleged sexual harassment
- Hamid Ansari Has Failed to Represent All Indians
- Smarting Under Bihar Poll Defeat, RJD Leader Tejashwi Yadav Seeks to Flex Political Muscle
- Satheesan objects to Lok Ayukta verdict on Bindu
- Wikileaks US diplomatic cables: Key issues
- Accusation of nepotism in reappointing V-C: Lokayukta junks Cong leader’s plea against Kerala minister
- Chennithala to file review petition in Lok Ayukta
- 'Unemployment is unprecedented'
- Kerala government’s move to dilute Lokayukta’s powers raises questions, goes against CPM postures on public corruption
IPPIS: Vice-chancellors behind ASUU’s opposition, FG alleges have 294 words, post on www.vanguardngr.com at April 5, 2020. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.