To keep our community informed of the most urgent coronavirus news, The San Francisco Chronicle’s critical updates are free to read. Ongoing coverage is available to subscribers. Subscribe now for full access and to support our work. Total coronavirus cases: 8,569 in California, including 2,381 in the Bay Area. 189,500 cases in the U.S., with 4,076 deaths, including 183 in California and 63 in the Bay Area. The five states with the highest death tolls are: New York with 1,714, Washington state with 225, New Jersey with 267, Michigan with 259 and Louisiana with 239. Click here to see a U.S. map with state-by-state death tolls and coronavirus case counts. More than 874,000 in the world with more than 43,000 deaths. More than 185,000 people have recovered. For detailed maps, check out The Chronicle’s Coronavirus Tracker. To get regular updates on our coverage, sign up for our coronavirus newsletter. Breaking news developments today: 6:45 a.m. Mission neighborhood with a special dance party: Noon on Tiffany Avenue is time for Stacy Horne to switch on her stereo at full blast. One by one, the neighbors come out to dance in the middle of their modest, block-long thoroughfare and, for 15 minutes,… Read full this story
- Europe Facing 'Greatest Test in History' Over Economy, Migration, Terrorism
- Live Updates from Boulder: Stanford Cardinal at Colorado Buffs
- John Lewis Christmas advert LIVE: Updates and reaction as Elton John ad is finally released
- India Pakistan conflict LIVE updates: Brits stranded after fighter jet shot down
- Germany election results - live updates
- Maharashtra LIVE: Will wait and watch say BJP sources
- Maharashtra Govt Formation LIVE: How can Governor recommend Prez Rule without meeting NCP, asks Sena
- Pacific leaders urge the world not to accept the 'living nightmare' of climate change
- Full transcript of "Face the Nation" on November 10, 2019
- AP Explains: Why is Evo Morales facing protests in Bolivia?
Coronavirus live updates: ‘Greatest test that we have faced since the formation of the United Nations’ have 293 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at April 1, 2020. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.