Passengers on a flight to Japan line up at check-in kiosks at Incheon International Airport Thursday ahead of a Japanese entry ban on travelers from Korea set to take effect today and last to the end of this month. Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe announced Wednesday an entry ban on foreigners coming from 49 countries and territories, also including China and the United States, to tighten coronavirus quarantine measures. Seoul expressed regret for Tokyo’s decision and called for Japan to allow essential visits by businesspeople. [YONHAP]Starting today, all Koreans and foreigners arriving from overseas who intend to stay in Seoul will be required to be tested for the coronavirus even if they have no symptoms.Seoul Mayor Park Won-soon announced in a press conference at Seoul City Hall Thursday morning that anyone who plans to stay in the capital after arriving from a foreign country will have to be tested at the airport, their local community health center or a makeshift testing center that will be set up at the Seoul Sports Complex in Songpa District, southern Seoul.People who feel symptoms of the coronavirus will be tested at the airport. Those who don’t feel symptoms will be required to be tested… Read full this story
- South Korea records ZERO new cases of coronavirus for the first time in months after aggressive test and trace approach
- The Latest: China reports 1 new virus case, no deaths
- The Latest: Tokyo Olympics unrealistic without a vaccine?
- The Latest: Israel’s health minister has new coronavirus
- The Latest: Beijing parks and museums reopened to public
- Asia prepares for everyday life with Covid
- Kim Jong Un's train spotted at coastal resort, intel reports scotch death rumors
- Live COVID-19 updates: Nigeria announces decision to ease COVID-19 lockdown order, Chinese COVID-19 vaccine set for human trials in Australia
- Coronavirus latest: Infection rate rises in Germany
- Coronavirus latest: US tally puts infections at over 1 million
Arrivals who stay in Seoul must get tested for virus have 323 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at April 3, 2020. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.