John Bercow once flew into a rage with a female member of his staff – because his toothpaste had been confiscated by airport security, according to startling new details of the bullying rows that rocked his decade as Commons Speaker. A biography of Mr Bercow chronicles the ‘fiendish rudeness’ which he displayed to colleagues including his former private secretary Kate Emms, who was subsequently signed off work due to stress. The book, John Bercow: Call To Order, by Sebastian Whale, says friends of Ms Emms described him as ‘vile’, ‘unpleasant’, ‘inappropriate’ and ‘appalling’. One former Commons employee claimed he saw Mr Bercow in tears after Federer was knocked out of a tournament. Another recalled Mr Bercow hurling phones and car keys, while a third said: ‘He is the most appalling human being I have ever met. He is that bad. He is a truly, truly despicable and loathsome man’ Mr Bercow is said to have erupted during one foreign trip after his toothpaste was taken away at the airport. ‘He was absolutely outraged,’ a family member is quoted as saying. ‘He thought that was profoundly disrespectful. He didn’t talk to Kate for the whole of a nine-hour flight, which was ridiculously… Read full this story
- I’m an unemployed Commons Speaker – give me £1 MILLION to go into the TV jungle! John Bercow ‘demands seven-figure fee’ from ITV to appear on I’m A Celebrity
- Photographers Reveal The Stories Behind 2014's Most Powerful Pictures
- The 100 highest-grossing movies of all time at the worldwide box office
- Can Apple’s Angela Ahrendts Spark A Retail Revolution?
- The future 50: the rising music stars to look out for
John Bercow the bully boy: Explosive new book reveals how Speaker flew into a rage with a woman aide over a tube of toothpaste and blew his top when he couldn’t take toiletries on a plane – and if Arsenal or Federer lost have 270 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at March 14, 2020. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.