Frida Ghitis, a former CNN producer and correspondent, is a world affairs columnist. She is a frequent opinion contributor to CNN, a contributing columnist to The Washington Post and a columnist for World Politics Review. Follow her on Twitter @fridaghitis. The opinions expressed in this commentary are those of the author. Read more opinion on CNN. (CNN)For just a moment Wednesday night you might have thought President Donald Trump was at long last grasping the gravity of the coronavirus situation and taking the necessary steps to confront what may be the most serious crisis the country has faced since he took office — one that could lead to the deaths of vast numbers of people. Frida Ghitis Trump tried to give a serious address to the nation from the Oval Office, laying out a plan to tackle the pandemic. But it quickly became apparent that this was one more error-filled display in what has been a grotesque carnival of incompetence. In a speech filled with jingoism, as well as counterproductive disparagement of US allies, Trump made a dramatic announcement. His administration, he declared, “will be suspending all travel from Europe to the United States for the next 30 days” (with… Read full this story
- Bronx Borough President is taking heat on armory report
- TRANSCRIPT: Read President Obama's Speech on NSA Surveillance Changes
- Mike Pence's first 100 days: He's stayed above the fray, but what does that say about his influence?
- Fact check: Who's telling the truth about Obamacare?
- WATCH: Christie Addresses Bridge Controversy in State Address
- 'You Sound Like a Bully': Judge Jeanine Reacts to Obama's Exec. Order Plans
- Illegal immigration: Where the candidates stand
- Donald Trump to America: Please impeach me
- In Wilmington mayor race, wide field obscures choices
- Trump country: Delmarva's Trump voters send message
It's time to let the experts do their jobs, Mr. President have 288 words, post on edition.cnn.com at March 12, 2020. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.