Frida Ghitis, a former CNN producer and correspondent, is a world affairs columnist. She is a frequent opinion contributor to CNN, a contributing columnist to The Washington Post and a columnist for World Politics Review. Follow her on Twitter @fridaghitis. The opinions expressed in this commentary are those of the author. Read more opinion on CNN. (CNN)For just a moment Wednesday night you might have thought President Donald Trump was at long last grasping the gravity of the coronavirus situation and taking the necessary steps to confront what may be the most serious crisis the country has faced since he took office — one that could lead to the deaths of vast numbers of people. Frida Ghitis Trump tried to give a serious address to the nation from the Oval Office, laying out a plan to tackle the pandemic. But it quickly became apparent that this was one more error-filled display in what has been a grotesque carnival of incompetence. In a speech filled with jingoism, as well as counterproductive disparagement of US allies, Trump made a dramatic announcement. His administration, he declared, “will be suspending all travel from Europe to the United States for the next 30 days” (with… Read full this story
- 'I never wanted to speak to him': How Georgia Sec of State Raffensperger only took President's threatening phone call after being pestered 18 TIMES and leaked tape after Trump tweeted he had 'no clue' - as Dems call on FBI to launch probe
- Georgia election official systematically debunks 'fantastical' election fraud claims by Trump and accuses the President and his of 'intentionally misleading the people of the United States'
- Make Bengaluru your ‘Permanent Address’: 6 Reasons why this is the best time to invest
- Why Apple's CEO Seems to Have a Soft Spot for President Trump | Opinion
- Vaccinations are increasing in a ''glimmer of hope'', says Fauci
- Live Updates Vice Presidential Debate: Pence, Harris Dodge Questions on Election Results, Packing the Court
- Archie's first podcast! Meghan and Harry feature their one-year-old son in first Spotify podcast and coax him into wishing listeners a happy new year - as they begin '£30m' franchise by interviewing Elton John, James Corden and quoting Martin Luther King
- Secondary school re-opening 'WILL be delayed by at least an extra week but primaries will open on schedule' amid fears of coronavirus spike caused by mutant strain that can spread more easily among children
- Britain's busiest hospital is in 'DISASTER medicine mode', claims 'leaked management email' from Royal London where medics are 'no longer providing high standard critical care' and 'patients are waiting 24 hours for beds and take taxis to beat ambulances'
- The 43 best movies on Netflix right now
It's time to let the experts do their jobs, Mr. President have 435 words, post on edition.cnn.com at March 12, 2020. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.