New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio has no plans to shut the city’s schools despite a student on Staten Island testing positive for coronavirus and 18 other states announcing closures. The pupil who attends Intermediate School 27 in the borough had already been off school since he had become sick, however it is not clear if others may also have been exposed at the school based in West Brighton. I.S. 27 will be deep cleaned over the weekend and is expected to reopen Monday Two Staten Island public schools were also closed on Friday after a student who goes to both locations also tested positive for COVID-19. New Dorp High School and the Richard H. Hungerford School are being ‘deep cleaned’ over the weekend according to the Daily News. Meanwhile, the city’s mayor is rejecting calls from teachers to suspend school. A student on Staten Island who attends Intermediate School 27 in the borough, pictured, has tested positive for coronavirus New York City teachers are planning a mass walkout on Wednesday after Mayor Bill de Blasio defied pleas to shut down the city’s public school system amidst the coronavirus outbreak ‘We are worried about a cascading effect,’ de Blasio told MSNBC. ’You’re not… Read full this story
- New York City Public Elementary, Pre-K Schools To Reopen For In-Person Classes Monday
- New York City Vaccination Hubs Reopen After Storm; More Groups Now Eligible
- New York City’s Younger Students Head Back To School For In-Person Learning
- Nearly 20 New COVID-19 Variant Cases Detected Across New York State
- New York City closes public schools over COVID-19 concerns
- New York City delays school start in deal with unions over COVID-19 concerns
- New York City Schools Chancellor Resigns After Firestorms over Racism Policies, Reopening Delays
- New York governor closes schools in COVID-19 hot spots
- Andrew Yang Wants to Be New York City's 'Evangelist and Cheerleader in Chief'
- New York State to Reopen Large Venues at 10 Percent Capacity
Eighteen states close schools over coronavirus but De Blasio still resists pressure in New York as a student from Staten Island tests positive and teachers plan a mass 'sickout' on Wednesday have 315 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at March 14, 2020. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.