Tân Sơn Nhất International Airport in HCM City, the country’s largest and busiest airport. — Photo courtesy of the Airport Corporation of Việt Nam HCM CITY — The Airports Corporation of Việt Nam (ACV) has announced it will reduce airline service fees for six months from March to August to support airlines suffering from the COVID-19 pandemic. On Friday, ACV reduced fees for a range of airline services at airports, including service fees for aircraft navigation (cut by 50 per cent); and pipe ladder services, carousel rentals, automatic baggage handling, check-in counters and ground services (by 10 per cent). In addition, ACV, which operates more than 20 airports across the country, will waive office rental fees for airlines that have stopped flying, and reduce fees by 30 per cent fees for airlines that are still operating flights. ACV will also waive fees for some specialised aviation services. Last week, the Ministry of Transport asked the Ministry of Planning and Investment to report to the Prime Minister about the proposed reduction of 50 per cent for fees for takeoff, and landing and aircraft operating services for domestic flights. The Ministry of Transport has also asked the Government to assign the Ministry of Finance to… Read full this story
- How Will Coronavirus Affect Travel in the U.S. and Abroad? Here's What Major Airlines are Doing
- JetBlue cuts flights, Delta halts Japan route expansion and at least five other US airlines waive change fees as coronavirus outbreak sees empty planes and airports
- United Airlines cuts international AND domestic flights and halts pay raises for staff after offering waivers on ALL tickets as coronavirus takes a chunk out of the travel industry
- United, other airlines offer break on ticket-change fees as coronavirus decimates travel demand
- More airlines could collapse if coronavirus crisis lasts 2-3 months - IATA chief
- More airlines could collapse if coronavirus crisis lasts 2-3 months, IATA chief says
- Coronavirus: Australian events, businesses closed due to COVID-19 outbreak
- The train firms and airlines offering free or discounted travel to Flybe passengers and staff
- US airlines facing daunting challenges
- United, Delta, American Airlines offer COVID-19 fee waivers, but what if you booked in advance?
Airline service fees reduced for next six months have 352 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at March 23, 2020. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.